It’s Blue Monday! Apparently it’s the most depressing day of the year?? Don’t worry it’s actually a day that doesn’t really exist. However if you are feeling under the weather fear not here’s 7 reasons why you should have a little bit of yoga in your life!
1. Although the term may have started fear not as there are 35 more days of this term left still to get your yoga fix! Head along to the website www.kamababy.co.uk to find your nearest.
2. It maybe dark mornings outside but Mr Sun always makes an appearance for our yogis in our yoga sessions. We are well past the shortest day of the year – the Winter Solstice was 21 December – which means with every coming day, Mr Sunshine is really on his way!
3. Baby yoga classes help bonding which in turn produce oxytocin the love hormone. Wiping cortisol out means your more likely to turn that frown upside down! Yoga reduces your levels of cortisol — the hormone released when you’re stressed — which means it also keeps you and your yogi feeling calm, cool, and collected.
4. There’s always a friend to bend an ear….Wether you come alone or among friends, we are all very welcoming and a problem shared is a problem halved they say. Many of our parents make life long lasting friendships from our classes!
5. It’s good for your mind body and soul, not just your little ones but yours too! An hour of stretching and breathing can help with stress relief and enhance the mind. When we are having a rubbish day the best way to rid it is to blow it away!
6. Baby it’s cold outside and boy do we love our cuddles during relaxation! What better way to warm up than to snuggle up to our yogis during our final cool down. A huge part of classes it gives parents and children the chance to relax and zone out.
7. Seasonal Affective Disorder or SAD, is caused by the lack of sunlight a person gets. This causes the brain to work overtime producing melatonin, the hormone that regulates your body clock and sleep patterns and a hormone that has been linked to depression. If your struggling to get back into a routine or your little is a little sleepless head down to a class, as they filled with lots of stretches to to promote deeper sleeping patterns!